I'm still waiting for a new grommeting die and the final yardage. I swept the studio. I napped. I read. And then I began composing. I decided I could not comfortably wait for all the modules to be grommeted. I needed to get a move on and see what could be done with these houses!
So, late today, on the 8' x10 ' pinwall, 1/2 the width of the final piece, I began pinning. The first basic idea is to form a sort of house shaped area with the "face" modules. Not all the modules are made yet. They will be completed by late next week. But I decided I had enough to begin composition studies.
Then I began to play with connecting squares of color. I had determined that a broad swath of color, like a road or a tree branch, as I had shown in the blog before, would be far to prone to humidity changes and would more than likely warp like the devil with season changes. So, back to working within the grid to see what can be done to both settle the eye and stabilize the piece. I'm not liking my solutions yet, but that is why I scheduled a full month for assembly and problem solving.