The large Lenten pieces went off to the framer this week to be dry mounted along with other pastels and rolls of unruly paper. I am anxious to see what they really look like when they are trimmed, squared and mounted flat.
Friday, January 25, 2013
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Today was an odd day. Beastly cold. Spent time waiting for the electricians who never came. Went to the little studio to work on the Deconstructing Power pieces only to have a poor little dying mouse lurch out of somewhere and discombobulate me. He was quivering, and panting, having a hard time righting himself. While I do not want mice to live inside with me, I felt so bad for his misery. With horror and sadness, I removed him.
Then I did a little more work on this piece and moved on to the next, only to discover that I had no thread with me and that I need to be able to hang them on the wall to see what I am doing and I had no stapler with me. So I moved on the the shoe pieces. Last week I finished the assembly of the shoe rubbings. Today I began composition of the skeletal parts of the wing tip shoes.