Friday, September 28, 2018

COMING SOON Productivity in the Studio- a 9 part series

You know, I have been asked over and over again how I get so much done.  Certainly part of it is that I work full time at my art. My only dependent is my dog, Gideon, and he is low maintenance.  And appearances can be deceiving.  I produce all kinds of "parts"  and unfinished bits that linger around the studio until I go on a "finishing jag."  Bits and pieces can linger for years before they are suddenly incorporated into finished work...seemingly all at once.

A couple of years ago, in advance of expected funding, a non-profit asked me to develop a class about taking the next steps from enthusiastic amateur to professional.  The non-profit did not receive their funding.  But I saved this 9-part series in my computer and you, dear reader, can benefit.

It will begin Monday, October 1 and continues three days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, until completed.  Have fun!  And, rest assured:  I perform most of the tips SOME of the time, but none of them ALL of the time.  Perfection is an idea, not a possibility!












No comments: