Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ash Wednesday, and the art will be hung


Good Friday: Descent from the cross


The Lenten series of mixed media pastels is finished. It has expanded and contracted: been drymounted, framed, cut and reassembled, turned into more pieces.  I will hang it in the sanctuary of Lake Nokomis Presbyterian Church for  the duration of Lent, which begins this week with Ash Wednesday.


Holy Saturday: In the Tomb





The Empty Tomb
I don't actually know if I will hang all of them.  Rumors of the Messiah and The Betrayal are new today.  So new, that I do not know if they will fit visually in the space.  I will take them over Tuesday and see.


Rumors of the Messiah
 The Ash Wednesday service is Wednesday night, 7pm, at Lake Nokomis Presbyterian Church, 1620 East 46th St, Minneapolis.  This marks the beginning of Lent.
The Betrayal
Easter: He is Risen

No comments: