Saturday, May 7, 2016

New York exposure



I Dwell in Impossibility #14
Even as I continue to write unsuccessful grant applications (perhaps some will be successful again one day) and dye wool for Shepherd's Harvest Festival and shrinkwrap artwork for Art-A-Whirl, I keep sending show proposals and competition entries.
This week I heard from 2 New York galleries...in the affirmative!  Hooray!

I Dwell in Impossibility #14 , a collaboration with my son John Hensel, will be showing at the venerable Ceres Gallery.  I have wanted to show there ever since I heard about them more than 20 years ago.  The 12th annual National Juried Exhibition has given me the opportunity.

Ceres Gallery
547 W. 27th St. suite 201
New York, NY 10001

Juror: Carmen Hermo, Assistant Curator for Collections, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
May 24 2016 thru Jun 18 2016
opening reception  May 26, 6-8
My Mother, Myself
My Mother, Myself, a digital embroidery, will be exhibited at the First Street Gallery, in their National Juried Exhibition,

National Juried Exhibition
June 23-July 16, 2016
opening reception June 23, 6-8pm

526 West 26th St. Suite 209, 
New York 

The juror, Lori Bookstein, viewed 2,200 works in curating this exhibition.  Cool!

Competitions are not necessarily great career builders, but, hey!  It gets the work seen so it can begin to tell its story.

If you are in the New York area...Please go see the shows!  I'll be slaving away in the studio out here in Minnesota while you party for me;-)  

No comments: