In the recently completed series on my studio practice I mentioned rehearsing materials in photoshop. Boy, did I use this today!
This artwork is a problem child. I have been struggling with this WHOLE SERIES! I ran to Joann Fabrics and purchased materials...none of which worked. Then I went back to these materials. I had rehearsed at least a dozen different fabrics to hold the center piece. Here are the 4 real life iterations I settled on today.
Following are some Photoshop trials... Rather than pulling the whole thing apart again and drastically cutting the actual materials over which I have slaved on and off for over a month... I tried different iterations in photoshop.
Then I resized the center square
Then I resized the back square.
I am still undecided, but I have not destroyed any materials yet.