Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Rehearsing changes in Photoshop

In the recently completed series on my studio practice I mentioned rehearsing materials in photoshop.  Boy, did I use this today!

This artwork is a problem child.  I have been struggling with this WHOLE SERIES!  I ran to Joann Fabrics and purchased materials...none of which worked.  Then I went back to these materials.  I had rehearsed at least a dozen different fabrics to hold the center piece.  Here are the 4 real life iterations I settled on today.


 

Following are some Photoshop trials... Rather than pulling  the whole thing apart again and drastically cutting the actual materials over which I have slaved on and off for over a month...  I tried different iterations in photoshop.










Then I resized the  center square

















Then I resized the back square.






I am still undecided, but I have not destroyed any materials yet.

No comments: