I NOW HAVE SOME GOALS
Doing this intensive study has taken me away from making art (sigh). I get obsessed and find it hard to turn-off the research and frantic thinking (sigh). But I have come up with a list of goals, general and specific, short and long term.
Long term Goal
- find collections to house the newer work
Short term goals
- financial support to upgrade equipment
- opportunities to show Ophelia, (Her)Suit and Eros and Thanatos
- Build local visibility as an artist
- find solo show opportunities
- develop alternative income streams
Specific goals/possibilities for the next year
- attend openings
- offer salons/potlucks in the studio
- consider doing a 1-4 times per year show in the gallery/studio space
- serve on the board of a non-profit art organization
- send proposals to 5 university galleries
- find temporary space to mount (Her)Suit, to exhibit & Document
- create/update mailing lists of : curators, galleries, foundations
- visit lots of local galleries, both for openings and other times
- send postcards again!
- design a smallish print-on-demand portfolio book to send to galleries.
- do targeted fundraising to complete (Her)Suit
- do a crowdsourced fundraiser to upgrade equipment
- continue to apply for grants